OWS Ink reads year round. Above all, we want to publish authors who are serious about their work. We have a smorgasbord of talent to help all authors in any situation succeed as a writer.
Please read the following information carefully as we will not read any submissions that do not follow these guidelines. Subscribe to stay up to date with our open calls and changes in submission guidelines. We look forward to reading your submissions.
All imprints are currently open for submissions. Deadline for our Spring 2017 release is December 31, 2016. Deadline for our Fall 2017 release is May 31, 2017.
We currently have an open call for our 2017 anthology, Mirrors & Thorns. Details can be found here.
Gypsy Willow Press
~Covers all speculative fiction, horror, thriller & suspense genres.
Willow Wings Press
~Covers all fantasy and romance genres.
Willow Wisp Press
~Covers Children’s Literature regardless of genre.
Wild Willow Press
~Covers all YA/NA regardless of genre.
Spirit Willow Press
~Covers everything classified as Women’s Literature or “Chick Lit.”
OWS Ink Press
~Covers anything that doesn’t fit into one of the genres listed above as well as our anthologies, nonfiction, and poetry.
Not sure what genre your manuscript falls in? Let us help!
Book Submission Guidelines for all genres
Please see the standard formatting guidelines further down for anthology formatting and submission information.
What we look for:
- Manuscripts from 10,000-275,000 words.
- All genres from all writers.
- Poetry chapbooks of at least 50 pages
- Nonfiction manuscripts from 7,000-65,000 words.
- Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, but please let us know if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Multiple submissions are accepted but should be sent as separate submissions. No more than two (2) submissions per author within 90 days of submission date.
- Books containing erotica, violence, and extreme gore accepted on a case by case basis.
What we aren’t looking for
- Stories under 10,000 words. Please submit those to our literary journal for consideration.
- Unfinished stories. This does not include serials, however, each book in the series should stand alone and have its own conclusion. We will accept anticipated unfinished serials.
- Poetry chapbooks less than fifty (50) pages.
- Improperly submitted manuscripts will be added to the slush pile unread.
- Manuscripts over 275,000 words.
- Comics and/or comic books. Please submit those to our literary journal for consideration.
- Pornographic material.
OUR STANDARD Formatting Guidelines
- We only accept electronic submissions in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .txt.
- All manuscripts should be double-spaced with 2.5 cm margins, use .5 first line indents, no space between paragraphs, and be in 12-point type in one of these fonts: Times New Roman, Cambria, Helvetica, or Arial.
- All manuscripts should be accompanied by a cover letter containing author information/bio, manuscript title, genre, and word count.
- All pages should be numbered beginning on page 2, and include author’s last name and title of the manuscript at the top right corner, like this: author| title| 2
- All submissions must have a minimum 500-word synopsis of the work in the body of the email unless otherwise specified.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: Inquiry / Title of Work / Imprint.
Questions about our formatting guidelines? Use the standard short story format as an example of what we expect (all anthology submissions should adhere to this format).
We require 8-12 weeks to respond. Please do not query until at least 9 weeks has passed without a response. Queries are only for submitted work inquiries. Send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include QUERY in the subject line.
If you are inquiring after your anthology submission, please wait at least 90 days after the deadline before following up.
What To Expect from us
- We hold one year of publishing rights, during which we have the right to use your work as we wish for marketing, advertisement, inclusion in our literary journal, and more.
- Marketing, promotion, author services as needed for each author and each book we publish, including anthologies.
- No small print, our contracts are always easy to understand.
- Excellent quality books and customer service.
- Wide variety of author services to assist indie authors.
- Competitive and fair royalties. We are not currently offering advances.
- 24-hour support.
- A community of camaraderie and support with other authors and publishers.
Due to the number of submissions we receive, unfortunately, we are unable to provide personal feedback or critique at this time.
Questions? Please check our FAQs page first, and if you still have questions please email us: email@example.com.